After using Hawkhost for almost 1+ year for one of my busy website, I decided to put this review on this dedicated column. I started creating websites back in 2011 when almost everyone trusted Hostgator. In fact most of the authority websites kept promoting them even when Hostgator degraded their service level. There were times when they were fully down for almost 5 days. After EIG buyout their servers are now crowded with lot of websites on a single server thus causing higher page load times. This was the reason I moved out to Hawkhost. Before singling down to Hawkhost I read lot of reviews, done deep research for webhosts providing quality webhosting at affordable prices. There were many options but in terms of reviews, some complained about support and some complained about speeds. The only host having best prices with happy customers was this one.
Below is the complete review with my detailed analysis on each and every aspect including all the features 🙂
- LiteSpeed Servers – LiteSpeed servers serve static content much faster than Apache. With same level of resources, you can serve 3 to 5 times of visitors. If you using Wordpress then they have plugin called LiteSpeed cache which is specially developed for Litespeed servers. This plugin will replace WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache or any other caching plugin with considerable speed improvement. During my test with Litespeed cache, my website was able to serve as much as 3 times the pageviews W3 Total Cache served.
- They use CloudLinux – This is one of the most important point i selected this company. With CloudLinux your neighbour users and you would get fair share on the server. That means if one website get hit with traffic spike, his account won’t be able to exceed his dedicated resources and thus ensuring equal resources. With other hosts your website would be suspended as when your website traffic jumps but with Hawkhost the page would load little bit late instead of 404 error or complete suspension.
- SSD Storage – They have SSD storage for all plans including shared web hosting. SSD helps in smooth and fast website creating positive experience for your visitors.
- Free SSL – They are official sponsor for LetsEncrypt, the organisation behind free SSL project for making internet more secure. You get this for free on all webhosting plans.
- MemCached – If you are using application like wordpress then you can combine with memcached using W3 total cache plugin.
- Less accounts on one machine
- Page Loads are quick
- Best customer Support
- Money Back Guarantee – You can signup with Hawkhost and if you feel you made a wrong decision choosing Hawkhost which is highly unlikely, you can ask for complete refund.
- Support Bitcoin Payments – Some countries have bank that do not issue debit/credit cards with international payment privileges. For them this is the best option as they can make payment using their bitcoins as Bitcoins can be purchased easing from local exchanges.
- Transparent Pricing – Unlike other companies Hawkhost have recurring coupon discounts. You can lock discounted pricing by using recurring coupons, that means even when you renew your term you would still get discount like you get on first term 🙂 Check Shared Plans
- Unlimited Bandwidth – Bandwidth costs have been so low in 2017 and Hawkhost promises that you would never be charged for bandwidth.
- Multiple Locations – One another blow to other webhosting companies. Most webhosts do not have this option, with nearest server location your visitors are served quickly thus ensuring good experience. If you have business website or money making website, you can loose good amount of revenue with slow page loads. Hawkhost have 7 locations including Singapore, Dallas, Toronto and Amsterdam. Before signing up with them you can also take speed test and ping test to know which server perform better for you.
- Awesome Uptime – They stick to their promise, for last one year I never received a single pingdom alert claiming my website was down. I monitor uptime using pingdom tool and jetpack with which if my website go down I receive a alert that my website was down for this much time.
- They are in the business from 2004 with thousands of happy customers.
Like any other webhosting company, they have cons as well;
No Dedicated Server Plans and no phones support are two major cons. To be genuine they have ticket system to which they reply within hour or two two. Regarding dedicated plans, I can understand this company wants to focus on their core product with exceptional quality and awesome support and not profiting on each and every product in the market. Like I have observed some hosting providers have every type of hosting plan but not all plans have same level of satisfaction.
Last but not least Hawkhost is a small company and they are passionate like minded guys working together delivering awesome value to their clients at affordable prices. I have observed their datacenters are always with SoftLayer.
To conclude this large post, my final recommendation would be, if you are looking for reliable web hosting that don’t ask you too much for what they offer and also have ton of features attached even with their most economic plan, my recommendation would be Hawkhost 🙂
From time to time we update all the latest Hawkhost coupons here in this section. Hawkhost provide recurring as well as one time coupon discounts. Here are Hawkhost Coupons for September 2017.
Shared Web hosting:- 25% OFF Recurring Discount
Reseller Web hosting:- 25% OFF Recurring Discount
- Use Coupon Code: rseptember2017
Semi-Dedicated:- 25% OFF Recurring Discount
- Use Coupon Code: sdseptember2017
VPS Hosting:- 30% OFF Recurring Discount
- Use Coupon Code: vpsseptember2017